Bathroom Horrors

So full disclaimer: this one is based off of the many bathroom dreams I've had over the years. You know the one when you have to go badly but you just can't find a suitable bathroom to use. This one is going to be gross so reader discretion is advised. 

Bathroom Horrors

I have to go… Badly. I’ve been holding it for too long and I won’t go in this pool. I rush to the pool wall, hoisting myself out of the water. No time to grab my flip flops they are too far in the other direction. I power walk, trying not to knock over small children playing. 2 elderly women stroll in front of me enjoying their time at the pool. They are headed out but at the pace of a star fish. I politely excuse myself around them, almost tripping over a pool noodle.

I make it to the bathroom hut, pausing looking at the wet floor before me. I curse myself for not going for my shoes first, but my bladder won’t hold the trip back. There are 3 stalls in the bathroom, 2 of them occupied. A child washes their hands at the sink as I pace pass them to the empty stall.

I stop, dead in my tracks. Puddles of what could be water surround the toilet. Tissue paper cover the toilet seat partially in a tee peed mess. Most of it has fallen into the wetness that covers the floor revealing the puddles aren’t water. I debate trying to pee from where I stood knowing my anatomy won’t allow for me to achieve that goal.

The stall next to the one I stand before opens. I hear the door open but not the toilet flush. I debate confronting the user but there is no time. I step in regretting it immediately. The toilet is lined with tissue as well but fecal matter floats in the bowl. Drops of blood show brightly on the tissue. A used tampon lays on the floor, from a missed attempt of proper disposal. I push the flush button on the toilet hoping to at least be able to make this stall usable. To no luck, the toilet backs up threating to overflow. I back out of it quickly trying to save my feet from possible disaster.

By now a lifeguard has arrived to survey the state of the bathroom. She twists her face at the one stall I haven’t tried letting me know that one is no longer an option. I ask her desperately if there was another option. She saw from my face and inability to stand still the state of emergency I was in. Pity brushed her face for a moment then she told me about the porta potty outside the fence.

My face dropped. I tried to fight back tears knowing what could possibly be waiting for me in there. The fear of having to face it without shoes hurt me the most. The lifeguard watched me try to keep it together. She gave me her flip flops and told me to “go, I’ll keep watch and let you back in.” I thanked her and ran as fast as I could out and around to where it stood.

The porta potty sat alone surrounded by tall unkept grass. I didn’t smell anything which gave me false hope. I opened the door wide unable to stop myself mid sprint into the box. Urine was beginning to escape me and I knew I didn’t enough time to fully inspect it. I lifted the lid not fully looking at anything. The light from the tiny vents did little to illuminate the space. I shifted myself into a standing squat doing my best to touch nothing and released everything. My eyes were closed grateful to the lifeguard who lent me her shoes. If not for her I would have taken my chances in the bushes. I should have taken my chances in the bushes.

My feet began to feel something crawling on them mid stream. This was my que to finish up asap. I tried to grab for some tissue and found that it did have a some. As I pulled insects began to emerge in droves from the disturbance. I pulled my hand back in shock bumping into to the toilet lid I propped up.

Crawling sensations alarmed me instantly. Up my back, up and down my legs. I screamed, trying to escape this infested prison. I swatted at my arms and fumbled for the door handle. I felt something brush my ear as I finally managed to get the door open. I fall face first into the dirt, rolling around like a crazy person, hoping the dirt and dust will deter the creatures from crawling on me.

I continue my wailing, trying to brush every part of my body off. By now I have an audience, and the Lifeguards have come to see what the commotion is. My lifeguard looks at me holding her hands over her mouth. I know I’m a sight. Her face is full of sure terror. As if she can’t comprehend what she is seeing. I look myself over, I’m covered in dust but there are no more bugs. I notice no one is looking at me but inside the porta potty. I can see everyone’s faces. They ranged from horror to full on disgust. One of the male lifeguards asks if I was in there. I nod breathlessly still recovering from rolling in the dirt. Another barfs and stumbles back.

A crowd is beginning to form around me and the porta potty. I can hear the buzzing of flies beginning to swarm. A smell of decay I hadn't noticed before feels my nostrils. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts